No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. – Buddha

DSC_1053I appreciate that this is an odd pairing – a photo of a hummingbird and a quote about saving oneself – but it is the reflective stance of the hummingbird that I feel makes it fit. Hummingbirds, like so many people, are so busy and work so hard – but here, this hummingbird paused and that’s what this quote is encouraging us to do – take a moment and reflect and think about how our happiness and our path is one we must find for ourselves.

(As well, I needed a photo that was reminiscent of summer as I am reaching my winter breaking point!)

9 thoughts on “No one saves us

1. vannillarock says:

“winter breaking point’! i can relate to that even though i have only been back in a british rain lashed island for a week.

1. Paula Turner says:

We have had more storms and snow than in recent years, but as someone reminded me, this is how winter used to be. I think I didn’t mind it then because I didn’t actually have to drive – I was fortunate enough to be a stay-at-home mom and snow was always a welcome addition to the activity list!

2. Beautiful! I need a winter break too.

3. It was an odd pairing indeed but both are beautiful.

4. delimaf says:

Perfect shot! 🙂

1. Paula Turner says:

Cooperative subject!

5. ardysez says:

I’m loving your thoughts and your photos, Paula, thank you for the inspiration!

1. Paula Turner says:

Thanks – I appreciate your feedback!