I’m going to throw out a disclaimer right away – this is not my greatest flower shot – as a matter of fact, I had to make the colours in the photo less than ideal in order to highlight what I really find amazing about this shot – those little wings are moving!

Hummingbirds AMAZE me.

Betty Ford Botanical Gardens, Colorado, 2013

Betty Ford Botanical Gardens, Colorado, 2013

9 thoughts on “Dancing as fast as I can…

1. Jackie Saulmon Ramirez says:

I was about to say, “Who cares about the flower… look at that hummingbird!” Both are extraordinary. 😀

1. Paula Turner says:

Thanks. I lucked out that day – got some bees and some hummingbirds!

2. What a great shot! I love the vibrant color of this plant. Do you know what bird is this?

Have a great day! Yael

1. Paula Turner says:

Thanks. It is a hummingbird.

3. hawaygeordie says:

That is truly an inspired shot! If you had used a faster shutter speed, it wouldn’t have been nearly as good!

4. ardysez says:

Wow, hummingbirds amaze me too! The ones here in Central Australia are about the size of a bumble bee!! In fact, when I first saw one that’s what I thought it was, a large bumble bee. And speaking of bees, that is an excellent photo of the bee on your masthead. Thank you!

1. Paula Turner says:

Thanks…the bee is part of a larger photo that includes a flower. I’m actually allergic to bees so glad for my long macro lens!

5. icelandpenny says:

no apologies needed for that photo — and on yes, those little wings sure are moving! (as are the wings in the bumblebee in your banner) — nature is amazing

1. Paula Turner says:

Thanks. I am a big fan of nature. Something we have in common.